About Tebogo Mothoa Clinical Psychologist Pretoria East
We all go through our life journeys using different paths which could lead us to an unplanned detour or destination. In such cases, we may need someone to hold our hand or guide us to retrace our steps or re-plan our journeys. We could work together to achieve this.
I am a clinical psychologist, registered to practice both in South Africa and the UK. I am passionate and enthusiastic about working with young people, adults, couples, and their families. My practice is person-centered and focuses on clients’ personal needs, wants, desires, and goals and makes them central to their care. This means allowing clients to define and prioritize their goals.
Bereavement, Grief, and Loss are subjects close to my heart. I have loved and lost and can empathize at a deeper level. I am particularly keen to support those who are living their lives with cancer or supporting a loved one through a terminal illness. I am experienced in working with complex mental health presentations and other mental health difficulties including anxiety, mood disorders, and personality disorders, and can offer different types of assessments to assist with diagnosis. My other areas of interest are eating disorders and relationship/couples therapy including pre-marital counselling.
I use evidence-based and integrative approaches with my clients, with empathy and acceptance, guided by principles of compassion-focused therapy (CFT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). My training is grounded in systems training and I also use other modalities such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and DBT skills.
I work in English and Setswana.
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”
– Nelson Mandela
Qualifications, Further Training and Work History
Tebogo Mothoa Clinical Psychologist Pretoria East Qualifications:
- Present – 2022: PhD candidate, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2011: Masters’ Degree in Clinical Psychology, University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa
- 2000: BA Honours (Psychology), Vista University, Mamelodi Campus, South Africa
- 1995: Bachelor of Arts in Education, Vista University, Mamelodi Campus, South Africa
Tebogo Mothoa Clinical Psychologist Pretoria East Further Training:
Tebogo Mothoa Clinical Psychologist Pretoria East Work History:
- Present – 2022: Clinical Psychologist, Tebogo Mothoa Therapy, Pretoria East, South Africa & Online
- 2022 – 2021: Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice, Bramham Therapy, United Kingdom & Online
- 2022 – 2020: Principal Clinical Psychologist, Berkshire Eating Disorders Service, United Kingdom
- 2020: Clinical Psychologist, Elysium Healthcare, United Kingdom
- 2020 – 2018: Clinical Psychologist, Berkshire Eating Disorder Service, United Kingdom
- 2018 – 2017: Multi-Systemic Therapist, Reading Borough Council, United Kingdom
- 2018: Locum Clinical Psychologist, Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) Sussex Partnership, United Kingdom
- 2017 – 2013: Clinical Psychologist, 1 Military Hospital, South African Military Health Services, South Africa
- 2016: Locum Clinical Psychologist, NHC Centurion, South Africa
- 2013 – 2012: Community Service Clinical Psychologist, Area Military Health Unit (AMHU) Gauteng, South African Military Health Services, South Africa
- 2011: Intern Clinical Psychologist, 1 Military Hospital, South African Military Health Services, South Africa
- 2010: Psychometric Test Librarian, University of South Africa, South Africa
- 2008 – 2003: Teacher, West Berkshire Council Pupil Referral Unit, United Kingdom
- 2003: Health Care Assistant, Blenheim Ltd (now Elysium), United Kingdom
- 2002 – 1995: Teacher, North West Province Education Department, South Africa